Been too busy to blog anything this weekend (but the Twitter thing has been fun) but I know we’ll get some amazing nuggets here at the Ninja keynote at Podcast and New Media Expo. Enjoy the free form thoughts here:
- Episode 1 was filmed from a digital camera that “did” video. Tech is good – but talent is obviously more important.
- iMovie 1.0 didn’t have “undo.”
- 40 minutes of raw footage per episode.
- WallStrip and Ninja were “two different reactions to Rocketboom.”
- Choose Federated Media because they weren’t “huxter bull@#** artists.”
- What do advertisers want? … EVERYTHING.
- They don’t not do product placement because it is evil, they don’t do product placement because “it doesn’t make sense with the show.”
- Merchandise is 20-30% of their gross.
- They are fine with their audience size.
- “We don’t want to have a boss.”
- Their initial investment money went to “paying the rent,” not costumes, etc.
- How to make a living doing this? “It’s just a matter of time. It will start scaling.”
- More RSS viewers than people who watch it at the site.
- “Make your show as easy on yourself as possible. Don’t over complicate things.“
Excellent. Thanks for being our inspiration guys.